DSR St. Louis Qualifying Report
Category : DSR news
AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals
Event 20 of 24 (St. Louis)
Countdown Event 2 of 6
World Wide Technology Raceway
Sept. 27-29, 2019
DSR St. Louis Saturday Highlights:
- Matt Hagan blasted to low E.T. of Funny Car Q3 to earn three bonus points and the No. 2 qualifying spot
- Ron Capps and Tommy Johnson Jr. join Hagan in the top half of the Funny Car field
- Round one of Top Fuel will feature an intramural battle between Antron Brown and Leah Pritchett
- The DSR Dodge Challenger Drag Pak duo of Mark Pawuk and Leah Pritchett qualified in the top half of the Factory Stock Showdown field, and advanced to round two after both drivers raced to victory in round one of eliminations
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Qualified: No. 7 (lane choice)
The Competition: No. 10 Shawn Langdon
Q1: 4.273 E.T. at 216.76 MPH
Q2: 3.938 E.T. at 326.63 MPH
Q3: 3.911 E.T. at 324.12 MPH
Q4: 3.889 E.T. at 324.59 MPH
“We went in the right direction every run through qualifying with a steady car, and the guys have a good handle on things. I think we’re back in the groove. I’m confident we can continue this momentum and put four good runs together tomorrow. We need to get a win and back into the championship hunt.”
DSR St. Louis Friday Highlights:
- Leah Pritchett clocked the second-quickest run of Top Fuel Q1 to earn two bonus points
- Antron Brown finished Friday sitting inside the Top Fuel ‘quick eight’
- Jack Beckman, Matt Hagan, and Tommy Johnson Jr. occupy the provisional No. 4, five and six qualifying spots, respectively
- Mark Pawuk powered to the quickest E.T. during the first Factory Stock Showdown Series qualifying round, and second-quickest of Q2 to earn the provisional No. 2 spot
Provisional Qualifying Position: No. 6
About Don Schumacher Racing:
Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) is the winningest team in NHRA Drag Racing history, having claimed more than 335 NHRA national event titles and 17 world championships since opening its doors in 1998.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR fields seven professional teams competing in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing series. In Top Fuel, the Matco Tools dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown, the MOPAR/Pennzoil/Sparkling Ice dragster driven by Leah Pritchett and eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher’s machine. In Funny Car, the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat driven by 2016 world champion Ron Capps, the Mopar Express Lane/Pennzoil/Sandvik Coromant Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat piloted by Matt Hagan, and in Terry and Doug Chandler’s ‘giving cars,’ 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in the Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge, and Tommy Johnson Jr. behind the wheel of the Make-A-Wish Dodge.
DSR also campaigns two Factory Stock Showdown entries. The duo is piloted by Pritchett, the 2018 Factory Stock Showdown Series champion, and former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.