DSR Indianapolis Qualifying Report
Category : DSR news
NHRA U.S. Nationals
Event 18 of 24 (Indianapolis)
Lucas Oil Raceway
August 31-September 3, 2018
DSR Indianapolis Sunday Highlights:
- The DSR Top Fuel contingent will start race day from the top half of the field
- Matt Hagan and Tommy Johnson Jr. will begin their Funny Car U.S. Nationals title chase from top half starting positions
- Leah Pritchett, Jack Beckman, Hagan and Johnson earn bonus points for running ‘top four’ qualifying passes
- Johnson made the quickest run of the fourth qualifying session
- Pritchett and Mark Pawuk retained their No. 1 and 2 qualifying positions going into round one of the Factory Stock Showdown Series
- Pritchett earned a round one FSXX victory
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Riley Dodge Charger R/T
Qualified: No. 4 (lane choice)
The Competition: No. 13 Ron Capps
Q1: 3.948 E.T. at 320.36 MPH (One bonus point for fourth quickest run of the session)
Q2: 9.028 E.T. at 79.30 MPH
Q3: 3.974 E.T. at 319.60 MPH (Three bonus points for second quickest run of the session)
Q4: 3.977 E.T. at 319.07 MPH (Four bonus points for quickest run of the session)
Q5: 4.218 E.T. at 226.51 MPH
Bonus Points: Eight
“We had a really, really good car in qualifying. We made three three-second runs, and we were the only car out there to do that so we’re super confident going into race day. The heat is going to be a factor and in the heat is where we ran our best. Looking forward to going some rounds tomorrow and hopefully we’ll put that Riley car in the winner’s circle.”
About Don Schumacher Racing
Don Schumacher Racing, headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., fields seven professional NHRA teams. In Top Fuel, the U.S. Army dragster driven by eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher, the Matco Tools/U.S. Army dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown and the Mopar/Papa John’s Pizza/Pennzoil/FireAde/U.S. Army dragster driven by Leah Pritchett; and in Funny Car, 2016 world champion Ron Capps in the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger R/T; two-time world champion Matt Hagan in the Mopar Express Lane Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, and 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in Terry and Doug Chandler’s Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge and the Chandlers’ Make-A-Wish Dodge driven by Tommy Johnson Jr.
DSR also campaigns two Sportsman teams. The two-car Factory Stock Showdown duo is piloted by Pritchett and veteran Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk. Both drivers compete in Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Paks.
DSR has won 329 NHRA national event titles and 16 world championships.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.