DSR Epping Pre-Race Report
Category : DSR news
NHRA New England Nationals
Event 13 of 24 (Epping)
New England Dragway
Epping, New Hampshire
July 6-8, 2018
- Matt Hagan returns as the defending Funny Car event champion
- Hagan enters the New England event fresh off of his second win of the season (Norwalk)
- Leah Pritchett claimed the 2017 Top Fuel No. 1 qualifier when she powered to the quickest pass in New England Dragway history (3.673-seconds)
- Antron Brown has been to the final round at Epping the past two years, winning in 2016 and finishing as the runner-up in 2017
- Tony Schumacher and Ron Capps lead their classes in number of victories at New England Dragway, both with two Epping wins
- Brown leads the Top Fuel class in number of No. 1 qualifiers (two) at Epping
- Capps’ Dodge Charger R/T will feature a patriotic NAPA Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund livery
- DSR-Owned Track Records:
Top Fuel, E.T.: 3.673-seconds, Leah Pritchett (2017)
DSR Driver Information:
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger R/T
NHRA Epping Event Highlights:
Two-time runner-up (2015, 2016)
2015 No. 1 Qualifier
2017 Epping Recap:
Qualified ninth; Semifinal finish (defeated J.R. Todd in E1, Mike Smith in E2; defeated by Matt Hagan in E3)
Last event (Norwalk):
Qualified 14th; First round exit (defeated by Matt Hagan in E1)
2018 Season Statistics:
11 round wins; Ranked seventh in points
434 races; 17 wins (two Top Fuel); 15 No. 1 qualifiers (one Top Fuel)
“I’m looking forward to going to Epping. It’s one of my favorite races on the tour. I can’t wait to see all of the fans. Epping has a old-school feel, and there’s something really cool about racing there. We’ve done well at Epping the past few years so I’m looking forward to getting back up to the northeast, and I think it’s going to be a great event.”
About Don Schumacher Racing
Don Schumacher Racing, headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., fields seven professional NHRA teams. In Top Fuel, the U.S. Army dragster driven by eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher, the Matco Tools/U.S. Army dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown and the Mopar/Papa John’s Pizza/Pennzoil/FireAde/U.S. Army dragster driven by Leah Pritchett; and in Funny Car, 2016 world champion Ron Capps in the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger R/T; two-time world champion Matt Hagan in the Mopar Express Lane Dodge Charger R/T, and 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in Terry and Doug Chandler’s Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge and the Chandlers’ Make-A-Wish Dodge driven by Tommy Johnson Jr.
DSR also campaigns two Sportsman teams. The two-car Factory Stock Showdown duo is piloted by Pritchett and veteran Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk. Both drivers compete in Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Paks.
DSR has won 324 NHRA national event titles and 16 world championships.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.