Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals
Event 14 of 24 (Denver)
July 20-22, 2018
- Antron Brown returns as the defending Top Fuel event champion
- Leah Pritchett claimed the 2017 Top Fuel No. 1 qualifier when she powered to the quickest pass in Bandimere Speedway history (3.733-seconds)
- Pritchett (Top Fuel) and Tommy Johnson Jr. (Funny Car) return as the 2017 event runners-up
- Matt Hagan seeks his third consecutive 2018 Funny Car victory (wins at Norwalk, Epping)
- Both Brown (2009) and Tony Schumacher (2008) have ‘swept The Swing’ (winning the Denver, Sonoma, and Seattle trio of races)
- Brown has been to the final round at Denver the past two years, winning in 2017 and recording a runner-up finish in 2016
- DSR-Owned Track Records:
Top Fuel, E.T.: 3.733-seconds, Leah Pritchett (2017)
DSR Driver Information:
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger R/T
NHRA Denver Event Highlights:
Two-time runner-up (1991, 2017)
2017 Denver Recap:
Qualified 12th; Event runner-up (defeated Ron Capps in E1, Jonnie Lindberg in E2, Jim Campbell in E3; defeated by Robert Hight in E4)
Last event (Epping):
Qualified eighth; Quarterfinal finish (defeated Cruz Pedregon in E1; defeated by Matt Hagan in E2)
2018 Season Statistics:
12 round wins; Ranked seventh in points
435 races; 17 wins (two Top Fuel); 15 No. 1 qualifiers (one Top Fuel)
“Looking forward to Denver after getting a runner-up there last year. I’ve come close, but I’ve never won Denver. I’ve been runner-up in every class I’ve ever raced at that track, so one of these days I’d like to get the win, especially at the Dodge/Mopar race. I’d like to put our Mopar-powered Dodge in the winner’s circle and get that victory. Bandimere is a great track, it’s a great event, great people that run it. I always love going to Denver, and eventually it’s going to be a race I’m going to win.”
About Don Schumacher Racing
Don Schumacher Racing, headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., fields seven professional NHRA teams. In Top Fuel, the U.S. Army dragster driven by eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher, the Matco Tools/U.S. Army dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown and the Mopar/Papa John’s Pizza/Pennzoil/FireAde/U.S. Army dragster driven by Leah Pritchett; and in Funny Car, 2016 world champion Ron Capps in the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger R/T; two-time world champion Matt Hagan in the Mopar Express Lane Dodge Charger R/T, and 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in Terry and Doug Chandler’s Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge and the Chandlers’ Make-A-Wish Dodge driven by Tommy Johnson Jr.
DSR also campaigns two Sportsman teams. The two-car Factory Stock Showdown duo is piloted by Pritchett and veteran Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk. Both drivers compete in Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Paks.
DSR has won 325 NHRA national event titles and 16 world championships.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.