DSR Dallas Qualifying Report
Category : DSR news
AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals
Event 22 of 24 (Dallas)
Countdown Event 4 of 6
Oct. 18-20, 2019
DSR Dallas Saturday Highlights:
- Starting from second on the Top Fuel ladder, Leah Pritchett leads DSR heading into Sunday’s elimination rounds
- Antron Brown will also start from the ‘quick half’ of the Top Fuel field
- In Funny Car, Ron Capps and Matt Hagan earned top-half starting positions
- Round one will feature an intramural battle between Capps and Jack Beckman
- The DSR Dodge Challenger Drag Pak duo of Pritchett and Mark Pawuk earned round-one victories, and both drivers will advance to Sunday’s quarterfinal round
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Qualified: No. 9
The Competition: No. 8 Paul Lee
Q1: 4.179 E.T. at 224.28 MPH
Q2: 3.920 E.T. at 324.44 MPH
Q3: 3.993 E.T. at 319.22 MPH
Q4: 3.936 E.T. at 316.60 MPH
“We definitely have a ‘hot weather’ kind of car, so if we can get those conditions tomorrow, I’ll feel very confident. Our Make-A-Wish Dodge is consistent when it’s cool out, but even more so when it’s hot.”
About Don Schumacher Racing:
Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) is the winningest team in NHRA Drag Racing history, having claimed more than 335 NHRA national event titles and 17 world championships since opening its doors in 1998.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR fields seven professional teams competing in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing series. In Top Fuel, the Matco Tools dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown, the MOPAR/Pennzoil/Sparkling Ice dragster driven by Leah Pritchett and eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher’s machine. In Funny Car, the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat driven by 2016 world champion Ron Capps, the Mopar Express Lane/Pennzoil/Sandvik Coromant Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat piloted by Matt Hagan, and in Terry and Doug Chandler’s ‘giving cars,’ 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in the Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge, and Tommy Johnson Jr. behind the wheel of the Make-A-Wish Dodge.
DSR also campaigns two Factory Stock Showdown entries. The duo is piloted by Pritchett, the 2018 Factory Stock Showdown Series champion, and former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk.