AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals
Event 21 of 24 (Dallas)
NHRA Countdown, Event 3 of 6
October 5-7, 2018
- Double-duty driver Leah Pritchett sits one point out of first place in the Factory Stock Showdown Series heading into Dallas, the final FSXX event of the year
- Pritchett has corralled back-to-back wins in her Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Pak Factory Stock entry at the previous two events
- Antron Brown will wheel a pink Matco Tools ‘Tools for the Cause’ dragster benefitting the Breast Cancer Research Foundation during the month of October, beginning with Dallas
- Ron Capps has earned Dallas final round appearances the past two years, finishing as the runner-up in 2016 and 2017
- Tony Schumacher leads the Top Fuel class in the number of wins (six) at Texas Motorplex
- Both Brown (Pro Stock Motorcycle) and Schumacher (Top Fuel) claimed their first national event wins in 1999 at Texas Motorplex
- A native of Chicago, Schumacher now resides in Austin, Texas
DSR-Owned Track Records:
Top Fuel, speed: 330.55-mph, Antron Brown (2016)
DSR Driver Information:
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger R/T
Countdown to the Championship Ranking: No. 6
Dallas Event Highlights:
2017 Dallas Recap:
Qualified seventh; First round exit (defeated by John Force in E1)
Last event (St. Louis):
Qualified fourth; Semifinal finish (defeated Del Worsham in E1, Bob Tasca III in E2; defeated by Robert Hight in E3)
2018 Season Statistics:
25 round wins; ranked sixth in points
442 races; 17 wins (two Top Fuel); 15 No. 1 qualifiers (one Top Fuel)
“Looking forward to Dallas. I’ve been racing there for so long, since it opened, basically. So many memories from over the years there. It’s going to be a critical race for the Countdown. We made good progress, we’ve had a really good race car and we feel we’re very competitive and capable of winning at any time. If we can just pick it up a notch and continue to put ourselves in the hunt, I think a championship is possible but Dallas will be a very key race. We haven’t had much success there the past few years in the Countdown so it’s important that we turn it around this year.”
About Don Schumacher Racing
Don Schumacher Racing, headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., fields seven professional NHRA teams. In Top Fuel, the U.S. Army dragster driven by eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher, the Matco Tools/U.S. Army dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown and the Mopar/Papa John’s Pizza/Pennzoil/FireAde/U.S. Army dragster driven by Leah Pritchett; and in Funny Car, 2016 world champion Ron Capps in the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger R/T; two-time world champion Matt Hagan in the Mopar Express Lane Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, and 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in Terry and Doug Chandler’s Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge and the Chandlers’ Make-A-Wish Dodge driven by Tommy Johnson Jr.
DSR also campaigns two Sportsman teams. The two-car Factory Stock Showdown duo is piloted by Pritchett and veteran Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk. Both drivers compete in Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Paks.
DSR has won 331 NHRA national event titles and 16 world championships.