- NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals
Event 11 of 24 (Bristol)
June 15-17, 2018
DSR Bristol Qualifying Highlights:
- Antron Brown and Tony Schumacher qualify inside of the Top Fuel ‘top three’
- Leah Pritchett makes the second quickest run of Q4, earning two bonus points
- The entire DSR Top Fuel trio earned bonus points over the course of Bristol qualifying
- Jack Beckman and Tommy Johnson Jr. will start race day from the top half of the field
- Ron Capps and Johnson run ‘top three’ during Saturday’s two qualifying rounds
- Matt Hagan made the quickest pass of Funny Car Q4
- Pritchett advances beyond E1 in the Factory Stock Showdown series
- ‘Papa John’ Schnatter extended his lead to 3-0 over Antron Brown during the Papa John’s Charity Challenge. $20K was awarded to the Infinite Hero Foundation
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger R/T
Qualified: No. 8 (lane choice)
The Competition: No. 9 Matt Hagan
Q1: 4.167 E.T. at 303.03 MPH (Two bonus points for second quickest run of the session)
Q2: 4.221 E.T. at 296.63 MPH
Q3: 4.263 E.T. at 291.63 MPH (One bonus point for third quickest run of the session)
Q4: 4.216 E.T. at 283.49 MPH (One bonus point for third quickest run of the session)
Bonus Points: Four
“We had a really consistent car during qualifying. Our Make-A-Wish Dodge made it down all four runs, and I don’t know anyone else that did. We had a really good car for four sessions and we’re starting to get a handle on this new car and the setup so it’ll be interesting tomorrow because it’ll be similar conditions. Performance isn’t going to win the race; it’ll be whoever can best deal with the conditions.”
About Don Schumacher Racing
Don Schumacher Racing, headquartered in Brownsburg, Ind., fields seven professional NHRA teams. In Top Fuel, the U.S. Army dragster driven by eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher, the Matco Tools/U.S. Army dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown and the Mopar/Papa John’s Pizza/Pennzoil/FireAde/U.S. Army dragster driven by Leah Pritchett; and in Funny Car, 2016 world champion Ron Capps in the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger R/T; two-time world champion Matt Hagan in the Mopar Express Lane Dodge Charger R/T, and 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in Terry and Doug Chandler’s Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge and the Chandlers’ Make-A-Wish Dodge driven by Tommy Johnson Jr.
DSR also campaigns two Sportsman teams. The two-car Factory Stock Showdown duo is piloted by Pritchett and veteran Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk. Both drivers compete in Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Paks.
DSR has won 321 NHRA national event titles and 16 world championships.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.