DSR Bristol Qualifying Report
Category : DSR news
NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals
Event 11 of 24 (Bristol)
June 14-16, 2019
DSR Bristol Saturday Highlights:
- Antron Brown and Leah Pritchett qualify their Top Fuel dragsters in the top-half of the field
- In Funny Car, Jack Beckman, Ron Capps, and Tommy Johnson Jr. will start race day from the top-half of the field and with the advantage of lane choice
- As the 2017 and 2018 Thunder Valley Nationals event champion, Capps is seeking his third consecutive Bristol Dragway victory
- Round one features a DSR intramural matchup between Johnson and Matt Hagan
- Pritchett rocketed to the quickest pass of Q3
- Johnson powered to the quickest pass of Q4, and Capps was second-quickest of Q3
TOMMY JOHNSON JR.
Driver of the Make-A-Wish Foundation Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Qualified: No. 8 (lane choice)
The Competition: No. 9 Matt Hagan
Q1: 4.025 E.T. at 313.51 MPH (Two bonus points for second quickest run of the session)
Q2: 5.260 E.T. at 136.65 MPH
Q3: 4.036 E.T. at 317.34 MPH
Q4: 4.003 E.T. at 318.24 MPH (Three bonus points for second quickest run of the session)
Bonus Points: Five
“We took a shot Q2 when the conditions were good, but we’re not racing in those conditions. We’ll be racing in conditions similar to what we had today, and we had a really good race car today. Having lane choice isn’t going to hurt either – that was our goal Q4.”
About Don Schumacher Racing:
Don Schumacher Racing (DSR) is the winningest team in NHRA Drag Racing history, having claimed more than 325 NHRA national event titles and 17 world championships since opening its doors in 1998.
Headquartered in Brownsburg, Indiana, DSR fields seven professional teams competing in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing series. In Top Fuel, the Matco Tools dragster driven by three-time world champion Antron Brown, the MOPAR/Pennzoil/Sparkling Ice dragster driven by Leah Pritchett and eight-time world champion Tony Schumacher’s machine. In Funny Car, the NAPA AUTO PARTS Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat driven by 2016 world champion Ron Capps, the Mopar Express Lane/Pennzoil/Sandvik Coromant Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat piloted by Matt Hagan, and in Terry and Doug Chandler’s ‘giving cars,’ 2012 NHRA world champion Jack Beckman in the Infinite Hero Foundation Dodge, and Tommy Johnson Jr. behind the wheel of the Make-A-Wish Dodge.
DSR also campaigns two Factory Stock Showdown entries. The duo is piloted by Pritchett, the 2018 Factory Stock Showdown Series champion, and former Pro Stock racer Mark Pawuk.
Follow Don Schumacher Racing at Shoeracing.com, on Twitter and Instagram at @shoeracing and Facebook.com/shoeracing.